3.30.2007

TEN COUNTRIES WITH THE YOUNGEST AVERAGE AGE

This post is quite a bit different than the last one. I was not really sure what to expect with this question, but the results I got were definitely not what I was expecting. It makes sense now, after getting the information. Most of the top 45 countries with the youngest average age are in Africa and the Middle East. I figure that there are two basic conclusions you can come to with this information. Either these countries do not have birth control and so there are just a lot of kids around, or most of the population dies early, so there are more kids around. Most of the countries in this list (with the exception of the Gaza Strip, Sao Tome and Pricipe and Yemen) have a life expectancy of between 41 and 53. Compare that with the highest life expectancy of 83.51. That information makes me think that the latter is more true than the former. Also, I thought it was interesting that if you look on this map you will find that the countries with more people between the ages of 0 and 14 are mostly on and around the equator. I have no reson for this, but I thought it was quite interesting. Well, I guess it is about time for you to see the list, so here it is!


This information is from https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/index.html and http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/peo_age_str_014_yea-age-structure-0-14-years

I am not sure if I will be posting a blog next week or not, because it is Good Friday and there is no school. I will try my best to publish one next week if it is Thursday or Friday. Well, that is all folks. Keep reading and happy blogging!

Jenna

No comments: